Developer Marketing Copywriter
Iron Horse is looking for a self-motivated, creative problem solver with strong B2B and technical experience to craft compelling communications for internal and external projects. More than a wordsmith, the copywriter is a flexible thinker, excellent researcher, and an audience champion who's excited about the prospect of joining a team of like-minded individuals to drive growth for our enterprise B2B clients. This position will focus on writing content for developers as well as writing about developer marketing for a marketing audience.
You’re a good fit for Iron Horse if:
You’re a highly flexible thinker who can see the big picture and attend to the details.
You love to bat an idea back and forth to make it better, but know how and when to stop polishing and let it stand on its own. You’ll be iterating on it anyway, because you’re obsessed with optimization of both process and language, and comfortable pivoting when things don’t go as planned. And you’re always willing to jump in to help others on the team.
We’re a good fit for you if:
- You thrive in an environment where fresh ideas are openly discussed and debated—while leaving egos at the door.
- You value diverse perspectives and believe that engaging multiple skill sets makes a project better.
- You are a continuous learner and innovation chaser who likes to stay on the cutting edge of technology and marketing trends.
- You’re invested in the success of everyone on the project—from team members to client partners—and consistently build up others around you.
- Write compelling, audience-focused copy for growth and engagement campaigns for B2B enterprise technology companies.
- Write for stakeholders at different levels, ranging from C-suite to practitioners.
- Research and produce content for a variety of digital channels, including email nurtures, web pages, infographics, solution briefs, blog articles, webinars and interactive experiences.
- Write in a range of tones, including conversational, thought leadership and informational/instructional.
- Collaborate with designers, marketers, engineers and program managers to create innovative solutions that exceed client expectations.
- Build relationships with coworkers and our partners and clients.
- Contribute to our company culture, quality of work, and growth.
- Produce high-quality content with minimal revisions and little supervision.
- Edit content produced by other writers and subject matter experts.
- Ensure adherence to brand and messaging guidelines.
- Juggle and prioritize a variety of copy needs, projects, and requests.
- Stay current with best practices and trends in content and copywriting, growth marketing, and our customers’ industries.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism or related field
- 5+ years’ professional B2B writing experience, with at least 2 years’ experience working with technical content
- Familiarity with the software development lifecycle, APIs, and documentation
- Demonstrated experience writing for a developer audience
- Passion for crafting fresh, compelling copy as part of innovative content solutions
- Comfort with and processes for working on projects with shifting needs and incomplete details
- Understanding of the B2B sales process and the needs of enterprise B2B marketers
- Excellent research skills, including conducting stakeholder interviews
- Strong understanding of consumer and business technologies and experience working with the tech industry
- Ability to extract end-user benefits from technical product descriptions and related content
- Understanding of digital content best practices, including SEO optimization, A/B testing,
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Comfort working autonomously and collaboratively
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- At least 2 years’ experience working as a copywriter in an agency environment
- Experience working with large enterprise organizations
- Instructional design knowledge and experience
- Social media experience
This position is available as 100% remote, but candidates who reside in the Portland, OR or San Francisco bay area have the option to work in the office.